The Federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act, passed in March, provided $3.9 billion for Pennsylvania and is intended to help people hurt economically during the pandemic. In late May, the General Assembly directed $175 million of these CARES dollars to PHFA to provide assistance for struggling renters and homeowners. The portion for rent assistance is at least $150 million.
The county organizations will began accepting completed applications for rent assistance on July 6 and the funding for renters must be completely distributed by November 30, 2020.
Steps to apply:
- Complete the Lessee Household Certification/Renter Application and have your property manager/landlord complete the Landlord Property Certification and the Landlord Application.
- Provide proof you have applied for unemployment
- Provide proof of income from January 1, 2020 to present
- Have your property manager or landlord email the forms to FCCAA or mail to FCCAA CARES Relief at 108 North Beeson Avenue, Uniontown, PA 15401
- Wait to hear from your county on whether you are approved.