FAMI Property Maintenance, LLC
General Statement of Duties: Maintain grounds at assigned site(s).
Supervision Received: Reports to Housing Administrator(s) and Site Supervisor(s)
Terms of Employment: All employees in this position will be considered part-time employment to exceed no more than thirty (30) hours per week which can be ended at any time. A W-9 form must be completed and returned to FAMI Property Maintenance, LLC prior to work being performed. FAMI Property Maintenance, LLC will provide general liability insurance and workers compensation.
Work Schedule: Work is assigned at the beginning of each week by a Housing Administrator(s) or Site Supervisor(s).
Compensation: Starting wage is $8.50 per hour. Checks are issued bi-weekly by mail. Employees are required to maintain a current mailing address on file.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary by supervisory personnel.
- Snow Removal: includes shoveling, blowing or plowing snow away from covered walkways and driveways, and laying down rock salt or calcium chloride atop icy surfaces to prevent slipping.
- Grounds keeping: Responsible for daily upkeep of the property buildings and grounds which includes cleaning and removing of trash, mowing grass, pulling weeds, trimming and pruning trees and shrubs, sweeping or raking leaves, and tidying up mulch or other ground covering.
- Operation of Small Power Equipment: Duties may require the use of lawn mowers and other small power equipment.
- Painting: includes minor touch-ups following damage repair and new coats of paint applied to unit walls between the time a tenant vacates a unit and a new renter assumes occupancy.
- Cleaning: includes maintaining a tidy appearance in shared community locations and includes cleaning fixtures, floors and other surfaces in vacated units before new renters assume occupancy.
- Time Management: maintain an organized schedule and tracking system on provided forms to effectively complete all property maintenance requests in a timely manner and in the order by which they were received or by level of urgency.
- Any other applicable property maintenance tasks as assigned.
- Responsible for the care, maintenance and inventory of all supplies and equipment owned by the property and/or the management company.
- Responsible for reporting unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property or residents.
- Responsible for maintaining a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Responsible for courteous, efficient response at all times.
- Be aware of and operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and company safety policies at all times.
- Responsible for thorough knowledge of management company policies and property community policies.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience: Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a contractor to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the contractor is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The contractor frequently is required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The contractor must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a contractor encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the contractor is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The contractor is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.